Thursday, October 05, 2006

We're recooperating

Yes, it's days later. In fact tomorrow is Kimm's birthday. But we aren't starting again. It's too much. I just started to drink alcohol again so...ya know....
We'll wait until Saturday when our friend M. is having a BBQ at her place in SF.
It rained today for the first time this fall. It makes us sad. We hate the rain and clouds. I walked the dogs around the neighborhood this morning and tried to find things I liked about the rain. .... .......... ............
Not a lot except that it made the wild fennel growing on the side of the road smell like maple syrup. And that smell hung around in the air today forever. That was cool.
This is another picture from my birthday last weekend.
I'm hoping to handle this winter better than the last two, or six...
When you own your own home and you have to worry about water "issues" it makes the rain seem like an ever reoccuring SATANIC CURSE!!!
We have to enjoy these last days of our indian summer before they are gone for good!

2 comments:

Uncle Jesse said...

happy birthday kimm!

JT said...

I relate to the rain as a satanic curse. This apartment's been flooded five times! But not for the last two years, knock on wood. How I would have loved to have been at your birthday. Did you have a cake?