Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jolene

I used to listen to the Olivia Newton-John version of this song. Sitting in front of the big stereo in my parents living room. It was my brothers record. I would listen and stare at the album cover of ONJ. She was pictured in a river, only her head was showing and it was all wet. Maybe that's what made me a lesbian..?

Anyway, say what you will about the White Stripes. I still wish I could be them.

Update on Gabe: The vet took a blood sample to see what might be there. If nothing else it will give us a base line for her liver. She'll probably start the seizure pills soon.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

No way, Dolly Parton does it the best!!

Kiss Gabe for us!

Uncle Jesse said...

the Geraldine Fibbers do a really great version, too.
did i tell you i got to see the White Stripes play in eureka, just weeks before they made it big. they played in a total dive. it was an awesome show. they are such kick ass musicians, and deserve all the hype.