Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Fall


I remember watching this on MTV back in the "120 minutes" days. By that I mean I remember watching 120 minutes by pizza at a joint near the dorms. I watched with Kris, Ken and Liz. Dreamed of Jesse in California and waited with baited breath for visits to SLC where I would buy something good at ??? What was the name of that store? The only Punk Rock Record Store in SLC in the late 80's???Does anyone remember? Near the RR tracks? My friend BYU friend Mark from Arizona had a sister who lived in sin with the owner...He had a "hardcore" show on the local station? U of U station?

Anyway, I love the Fall. I think this must have been the first Fall song that I'd ever heard. It reminded me of Redding in many ways. The spotty guy in this video is Leigh Bowery. Kimm and I are watching a documentary on Leigh as I write this. Leigh rules!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cosmic Airplane?

JT said...

It was called Raunch Record, owned by Brad Collins and his girlfriend, Daphne Mundane. But Cosmic Aeroplane had records, too.

JT said...

Brad Collins' show was called Behind the Zion Curtain and was on KRCL, community radio. In 1989, Shelley and I ran into Brad at a Faith No More show in NYC, and ended up hanging out with him. Shelley recognized him from the back by his studded leather belt.

JT said...

you are so cool, kim!