Friday, October 10, 2008

This Year On My Vacation.....

Kimm and I celebrated our birthdays last week by camping at a little lake in the Sierra's called Pinecrest Lake. It's near Sonora where our friends M and P live. So we also got to spend a bit of time with them which is always fantastic!



We'd never been camping there before and it's beautiful! But not so good for the dogs. Lots of sap on the ground from all the pine trees. Lots of globby, sappy, sticky spots on doggies which later I cut out with scissors.




But the hike around the lake is AMAZING! 4.2 miles of absolute gorgeous wonderment! And besides us there were only about 15 other people in the whole park--nice.




I love camping the last week of September. Unless it rains.




Tonite I'm going to jam with my old band. We haven't played together in 4 months! I can't wait to hear about all the trouble my young, single guitar player has been getting into. If any of you know him you know it's always a treat! I suppose getting older means I now have to live vicariously through my younger and more dicey friends. Which is O.K. because I'm too tired anymore at the end of the day.




2 comments:

Cassie said...

How was the jam??? Miss you guys!!

kim said...

It was great! We caught up with N-Judas. We were the only two bands playing that night at Lennon!