Thursday, February 02, 2006

My new bass


Listening to Drunk Horse

I got a new bass recently. An Ibanez Iceman ICB200. It rocks. It's a re-issue. They do that with cool old guitars these days. Mass produce them in Korea and sell them over here for big bills. The most famous person to play an Iceman was Paul Stanley of Kiss. Although he played guitar. Mine looks the same but bigger! I have a pretty nice Ibanez SR810. If I compare the two basses it's like comparing a corvette to a jeep. The Iceman being the jeep. The two sounds are so different and they both play so differently but that's what I wanted.
Kimm was a little put off when I brought that thing home. She didn't understand why I needed TWO basses. When I brought it to it's first show in Dec. I broke a string on my "corvette bass" during the first song. So I swung up my new Iceman and charged thru the set. Now I think she understands.

No comments: