Wednesday, June 25, 2008

June Is A Whirlwind

Here is my good friend I. who I never see enough of. He used to play with me in my first SF band Yusakuta back in the 90's (Ahh the 90's...Good Times Good Times).
This picture was taken in my back yard last weekend at a party thrown for my pals from Chicago. We had about 50 people at my house and I was as sick as a _____! I'd caught some summer cold from somewhere and could barely even speak. But I managed to make it through.
Earlier in the week my band Hazy reunited at a friends house in SF to jam. That was fun--and possibly where I got sick..(note to self, never share a bottle of bushmills with parents of small children....I have no immunity against kid germs). But it was worth the sickness C.J. and M.!
This month Kimm and I have been together for 12 years. And yes we will get married before November. Most lawyers say that even if it is overturned they won't be able to ignore the marriage licences issued before.
This weekend is Pride but the best day of the year for us is the Saturday before which is always the Dyke March. Thousands of girls in Delores park!!! We've got some friends coming down from Redding to stay and go with us. Can't wait for all the good sights! Hopefully I won't be dealing with gallons of snot as I am now. Pray for me.

1 comment:

JT said...

Yeah for you and yeah for you and Kimm! I am so excited for you both!! You sound happy, and that makes me happy.