Thursday, January 01, 2009

I'm A Radio Head '09


Merry Happy New Years to all of you. Here's a picture of my guitar I've considered selling and then not selling for the last year--I still have it.
As I've rambled on before..I LOVE these Sirius satellite radio channels! My favorite is the Garage Rock channel. Little Stevens Garage Rock to be specific. Remember little Steven from the E Street band? I'm NOT a Bruce Springsteen fan but Little Steven is hella cool!
Here's word for word what he said today during a break between songs.
"Here is Garage Rock in all its forms and dimensions.
In other words...It's almost impossible to define
but sometimes we get away with calling it the Ramones format.
We play the Ramones constantly.. In heavy rotation..as they deserve.
Then we play everybody who influenced the Ramones
And then we play everybody the Ramones influenced.
And that's what works for us."
Gawd bless you Little Steven.
If I had my own channel I'd do the same thing.

3 comments:

Uncle Jesse said...

keep your guitar kim! i love those hybrid fenders. mine is a strat-tele hybrid.
we need to rock out sometime and make some green-tech noise!

Cassie said...

Don't sell it! One day Hazy/Yusakuta/Mighty Tight will reunite!!! We may be 70, but we'll still rock!

Rhetro Zenberg said...

Love the guitar!!! My Tom Delong signature Strat is the same color. If you ever choose to sell it I'd be interested.