Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Last Halloween in the Castro



Here's a picture taken at a bar we went to after the shots rang out at the Castro. The scariest thing about gun shots in a group of people is the stampede that accompanies said shots.

When our group of 8 left the Castro party area I heard the gun shots. I looked back and then looked at Kimm who was standing in front of me. "Those were gun shots" I told her. Then I looked back again to see a wall of people running towards us. "RUN"!!! I was the last in the group and everyone in front of me got to the bar straight away. I was beginning to get pushed from behind so with my adrenaline push I made it to the side and ran into a parking lot which I recognized as a spot where I dragged Kimm on one of our first dates just so I could puke up all the vodka in my system and start again. She always remembers our first dates as being like that. We're at a bar and I say "Come outside with me for a second". If I say that to any of you while at a bar---Stay inside the bar.

Good news--we didn't get shot or trampled in the stampede.

Bad news--This will be our last year at the Castro Halloween extravaganza. Too many CRAZY MUTHAFUCKAS!!

Did any of you guess my costume from the non-revealing picture?

I was Steve Irwin--crocodile Hunter. I had a cardboard stingray hanging from a piece of rope from a hole in my shirt at heart level. Yes it was tasteless but this is Halloween--and I wasn't the only Croc. Hunter either.

No comments: