Monday, November 13, 2006

What the????



What is this you ask??? Our sewer line.

Those three holes?? They are in our sewer line.

This is a picture of that line right below the dirt. Those holes are OLD. And quite undisclosed to us by the previous owners. they had been patched many years prior. But in a jimmyrigged fashion. They covered them with somekind of thin metel and then poured concrete over them. Didn't really work unfortunately.

So last weekend this was our fate. We replaced this part of the sewer line. I did the digging and Kimm did the "replacing of parts".

But it's done!!! I've been fretting about this for a year. It's so nice to finish something this important that's been on the back burner!

2 comments:

Uncle Jesse said...

i would have guessed it was bumpus hell..
did it smell like bumpus hell? was there some gurgling bubbles?
can you guys fix my plumbing for me too?
my refrigerator is leaking and my washing machine is on the fritz, and all the soap from the dishwasher is coming through the sinks upstairs.
should i call a plumber or a priest??

Anonymous said...

Me again.

Diving into a sewer problem? I can't believe how cool you are! Props for fixing your sewer yourself. You must have mad skills.