Monday, April 09, 2007

Know Your Blessings When You're Sick


I haven't posted in several days. And I just don't know where to begin.
Right now I'm home recouperating from the NASTIEST sinus infection I can remember. My head feels like a block of wood with nails being hammered into it. Unpleasant. Not a blessing.
Two weekends ago my lovely pal Cassie came for a visit from Chicago. This was most definately a blessing as Cassie is one of the most wonderful and talented people I've ever known and worked with (She was the singer for 3 bands we were in together). We spent time up in Sonoma wine tasting for a friends 40th birthday. Did it always cost $ to go wine tasting? If I'm going to shell out $$ to taste wine they better give me more than a sip. Come on people! Get thee heavy handed!
Work has been slow in picking up. I suppose since I'm sick anyway I should feel blessed that we have some extra money stowed away from our recent refinance. Although we did want to use it for rebuilding our front foundation. Oh well, gotta flow....
My little sis. announced that she's going to get hitched to her cute boyfriend. And that her engagement is going to be LLOOOONNNGGG. Which I always think is a grand idea. Blessing.
My Bio. mom (mother of engaged sis.) is coming for a visit on Wednesday. As usual it'll be wonderful to see her. We always have the best time with her. She is our undisputed queen of generosity. She is one of my best blessings! I am always grateful for her.
I suppose I'm in this mood because I feel so SHITTY. It makes me feel a little better to give a holla out to the good things I have.

4 comments:

Uncle Jesse said...

i think the sinus infection mask will be a great halloween costume.
sorry you're not feeling well kim! get well soon.

tina said...

Sinus infections are the worst! Hope you feel better soon. And yeah - any time you want to come back up to Sonoma, just let me know! It'd be fun to show you where all the free tastings are. P.S. The meatballs turned out great! I ended up using turkey instead of buffalo. Then took a nice long nap.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Thanks for the visual, I really had no idea what a sinus infection looks like.
Hope you are feeling better. We speak of you all the time.

Cassie said...

Aww, you so sweet girl! Sorry I'm just reading this now - I've been swamped with work, needy children and my own illness and fatigue since I've been back. I miss you guys and love you so much!! It was GREAT to see you.