Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Goats


Who would senselessly shoot these beautiful creatures??
Just look at those little faces.
Every year, sometimes twice a summer, the county of Alameda hires several different goat herders to bring their herds to potential fire hazard areas. One of them is two blocks from my home in an open space called Kings Estate.
About a month ago I noticed the goats were back to eat up the LONG flammable yellow grass (and trash). All the neighbors around here can hardly contain themselves with excitement when the goats are here. We're all beside our selves with glee! Fire is a real threat up here in these hills (Oct. 91)
During the day you can see them dotted around the hillsides--At night you can hear them softly braying. It's seriously one of the best reasons to live here. The goats aren't just here near my home but ALL OVER Oakland and Berkeley. Including one of the parks I'm currently working at for the EBRPD.
So a couple days ago someone comes to the park near my house and shoots 15 goats and BEHEADS one!
It's times like these that I hate it here.

1 comment:

JT said...

Wow, what a psychopath.

That makes me sick. That is a very sad ending to this lovely goat post.