Thursday, June 21, 2007

RIP KDB


Here's Kris, Siouxsie Sioux and myself --probably '84.
Sorry I stole this picture from you Jesse.
Did you take it? And where were we?
Today makes year #5.
I was remembering the day that I first noticed Kris...
It was day #1 of my senior year in high school. I was smoking before class on a walk way above the music room. Leaning on a rail looking down to one of the parking lots with my friend Donna. Some one pulled up in their car and a couple of girls jumped out. Kris was the second one. She had on the coolest fake leather jacket and colored tights with her hair all spiked up!
It was love!
Doesn't that sound like the beginnings of a good screen play for a gay musical!
What should I call it?
Photo stolen from UncaJesse.
And I actually wasn't really smoking. But all the rest is true.

5 comments:

tina said...

Wow. This is totally how I remember you -- both of you (and Siouxsie too!). What a great picture! And five years -- wow again. Thanks for sharing this today, and happy longest day of the year. I'll hold a good thought for Kris today, too. XO, T.

Uncle Jesse said...

i wish i was the one who took that picture.

Jan VanStavern said...

"High School Lesbian Musical." I am thinking of titles. Or, let's be more, Rock and roll but with a full orchestra--"High School Lesbian Musical: The Opera." Costumes by Goodwill, with a guest appearance by the Nakes Flat Troupe (see picture). Jan

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Kim, Kris joined the mormon church for you and even followed you to mormon college- Now, that's LOVE!!! We miss you Kris!

JT said...

Kris joined the Mormon Church for you!?!

Kris was such a sweetie. I never heard her gossip or be derogatory. I do remember how mad/jealous some of us were when a certain leather-jacketed gentleman decided to go out with her.

That is a fabulous photo. Iconic, even!